The following questions will help assess whether the positions in your area are conducive to Flexible Work and will help you make a well-informed decision:
• Will the department/office workflow be either neutrally or positively impacted by Flexible Work? Can instant messaging, e-mail, telephone, and videoconferencing be used to adequately manage and fulfill the responsibilities of the Flexible Worker?
• Can the positions under consideration be managed on an outcome-based assessment by setting clear expectations, goals, and frequent measurements?
• Are the positions under consideration currently held by people who are solid performers?
• Could the work/life balance of these individuals be improved through Flexible Work?
• Could the flexibility offered be a management tool to retain a valued employee?
• Can Flexible Work contribute to the overall effectiveness of your department and/or its workflow (e.g., could Flextime arrangements extend your office’s availability to customers)?