Check out our Well-Being and Resilience Playlist on MasonLEAPS for a compilation of the LinkedIn Learning resources mentioned in this toolkit. Please see this job aid to learn how to view playlists in MasonLEAPS.
Information to help you develop your self-awareness and ability to bounce back during times of stress and change.
- • A psychologist’s science-based tips for emotional resilience during the corona crisis
- • Making Sure Your Stress isn’t contagious
- • Build Your Resilience in the Face of a Crisis
LinkedIn Learning Resources
- • “Building Resilience” with Tatiana Kolovou (34 min)
- • Standing in the Messy Middle: and other Key Steps in Building Resilience – 2019 Faculty-Staff Enrichment Day Keynote Address by Dr. Lauren Cattaneo (log into MasonLeaps and search by title)
- • Enjoying the Lightness of Being – 2019 Faculty-Staff Enrichment Day Lunchtime Keynote Address by Dr. Param Srikantia (log into MasonLeaps and search by title)
- • The Center for the Advancement of Well-being at Mason’s Resilience Model and Resilience Modules offer support during challenging times.
- • Browse The Center for the Advancement of Well-Being to discover many more resources
Well-Being and Self-Care
Resources to help you focus on your own well-being so that you can stay healthy mentally, emotionally, and physically during the coronavirus outbreak.
LinkedIn Learning Resources
- • “Balancing Work and Life” with Dave Crenshaw (28 min)
- • “Thriving @ Work: the Connection between Well-Being and Productivity” with Ariana Huffington and Joey Hubbard (41 min)
- • “Managing Stress for Positive Change” with Heidi Hanna (57 min)
- • Four Ways to Calm Your Mind in Stressful Times
- • Coping with COVID-19: Ideas for Staying Connected in this Time of Social Distancing
- • Coping with COVID-19: Some Terrific Podcasts to Help Keep Anxiety at Bay
- • Self-Care for Times of Uncertainty
- • You Name It Magazine from the Commonwealth of VA Department of Human Resource Management to spreads awareness of events, celebrates employee accomplishments, and create opportunities to connect employees statewide
- • Mason’s Online Mindfulness Sessions – Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays from 12:00 – 12:45 pm – WebEx meeting number 643 418 425 and password Gmi4YX2pF5s – contact Millie Rivera (email@example.com) or Katie Clare (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information
- • The Center for the Advancement of Well-being provides meditation resources for relaxation and stress-reduction
- • Participate in Spring into Well-Being 2020 and share your progress on social media using the hashtag #SIWB2020
- • Mason’s BurnAlong provides access to hundreds of on-demand health and wellbeing videos, anytime, anywhere.
- • Use Mason’s free eCards to connect with colleagues and provide virtual recognition
- • OnTheSquare-Anywhere Book Club is open to all Virginia State employees and you can join the book club through their Facebook Group.
- • Let’s Move Mason! Add more physical activity to your day and connect by sharing your moves on social media
- • #HopeGoesGlobal 21-Day Meditation Experience Join Deepak Chopra, Oprah, and millions of other meditators to find peace of mind in the midst of turmoil, and do your part to help our community to find hope and optimism.
- • State Employee Financial Wellness Webinars – April 2020
- • YouTube playlist of employees experienced with remote work providing tips on effectively working from home and collaborating with co-workers