The Basic Steps to Becoming a Flexible Worker
1. Get Familiar with Flexible Work at Mason
• Check out the Flexible Work Options that are available
• Review the Policies and Responsibilities related to Flexible Work
• Look over Working Remotely: A Guide to Maintaining Continuity and be prepared to discuss your technology needs with your supervisor
2. Meet with Your Supervisor
• Determine if your department supports Flexible Work arrangements and if Flexible Work is an option for your position
• To evaluate whether flexible work is right for you, we recommend you and your manager complete the below assessments, then discuss. The assessments and manager-to-employee conversations will help determine whether flexible work is feasible.
• Manager Telework/Remote Work Assessment (Docx)
• Employee Telework/Remote Work Self-Assessment (Docx)
• Discuss your Technology Tools and any anticipated costs related to technology
3. Make it Happen!
• Complete the appropriate Flexible Work Agreement . To determine which form is right for your situation, you can use this chart.
• Order your Technology Tools
It’s important to remember that Flexible Work is not for every position or every person. If you think it might be an option for you or those you supervise, we encourage you to explore the rest of the site to gain insight into the process and procedures associated with Flexible Work options at Mason.