The Basic Steps to Becoming a Flexible Worker
1. Get Familiar with Flexible Work at Mason
• Check out the Flexible Work Options that are available
• Look over Working Remotely: A Guide to Maintaining Continuity and be prepared to discuss your technology needs with your supervisor
2. Meet with Your Supervisor
• Determine if your department supports Flexible Work arrangements and if Flexible Work is an option for your position
• To evaluate whether flexible work is right for you, we recommend you and your manager complete the below assessments, then discuss. The assessments and manager-to-employee conversations will help determine whether flexible work is feasible.
• Discuss your Technology Tools and any anticipated costs related to technology
3. Make it Happen!
• Order your Technology Tools
It’s important to remember that Flexible Work is not for every position or every person. If you think it might be an option for you or those you supervise, we encourage you to explore the rest of the site to gain insight into the process and procedures associated with Flexible Work options at Mason.